Monday, October 3, 2011

The Moment I Realized I Was Wrong...

It's not an easy thought....


Really?? I... Me??? I am WRONG?


What's even harder than the thought of being wrong?





Admitting to being... WRONG!


No one wants to admit to being wrong.


But the person that can admit when they are wrong shows their true character.


Being able to "stand up" and point the blame at themselves instead of blaming others is rare.





What was my AH HAH moment you ask?


The moment I realized other people could see what I could not.


The realization that everyone EXCEPT me could see that the person I was holding so near to my heart was tearing me down instead of lifting me up.


I was so blinded by what I thought was love I could not understand what everyone else was talking about. They were all just "crazy" I told myself.


But.........


They were the ones that were right and after all the tears, arguments, heartbreak, sadness and anger I came to realize I was the one that was wrong.



They were not telling me these things to hurt me. They were telling me what they could see because they were the ones that truly LOVED me.



When we are blinded by our own feelings or thoughts it is often hard to see what anyone else could possibly be talking about. But listen with an open mind and heart before telling yourself...


I am Right and They are Wrong.


It's never easy to admit but often will make things much better if you do. It took me a loooooooonnnnnnggggggg time to admit but I did. And all those people that I thought were "crazy" for watching out for me and caring about me are the ones that still only want what is best for me.







No comments:

Post a Comment